21 February 2014

London Charisma

''When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."-Samuel Johnson''


Outdoor Concert at London Pleasure Gardens

There is always something to do in London,  that it just seems impossible to have seen it all. I came across this video by Alfred Marroquin which showcases London's charisma and charm, I couldn't keep it to myself. London  is not just the touristy hotspots but the people interaction, shopping, the street arts and performers and of course the food. London is one the most captivating cities in the world whether you are a local or a tourist, you cannot help but be mesmerised by the charisma and passion for city living and hanging out with all those that tell stories about very brick and tile that form building blocks for the areas they live in. It doesnt matter if you have lived in London since you were born or whether you have been here 5-10 years, I love that you can walk by the same corner 5-10 times and still be able to discover something new and just the fact that things change so much here even when not expect or required. There are endless hidden treasures. I just love how Alfred captured the essence of this beautiful city, you can help but be a little proud of calling it home...

Now, although this weekend I am opting for a change of scenery and going to Newcastle to see the Angel of the North with Travese 14. I will leave you with this video to inspire your exploring if you are in London this weekend. Take care of the city while I am away....



25 comments:

  1. I love London! There's just so many parts of it I haven't even had chance to explore yet. Must visit again soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely come and visit. So much to see.

      Delete
  2. As a born and bred Londoner, I'm biased, but I think it's an incredible city and you can never get bored. Mind you, Newcastle is great fun too! Have a fab time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, cannot disagree...I have never been to newcastle so I am really looking forward to it.

      Delete
  3. I adore London, I am moving down later in the year, so I can't wait to see it from the perspective of a 'local' and see if it changes my opinion of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! So you have plenty of places awaiting your exploring.

      Delete
  4. I live in London and miss the greenness of the north I have to say. Everywhere is just so busy all of the time, though there is always an atmosphere, something to do and so on...
    www.beautykinguk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall pass on your greetings to the Northerners then :D

      Delete
  5. London looks beautiful!
    http://thebohoflow.blogspot.ca/2014/02/flushed.html
    With Love,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to visit London... Its in my plans for the next year!

    xxxo from San Francisco,

    -Kim
    www.KimKardashnguyen.com

    Instagram:
    KimKardashnguyen

    Twitter:
    @Kardashnguyen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to book a ticket for London soon!

      Delete
  7. Unfortunatelly I've never been to London but I'm dying to come hah
    Love the video, especially the part with street dancers :)
    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! What are you waiting for? In the meantime I will be doing lots of post about things in London. Hopefully that will entice you to book a ticket to London soon.

      Delete
  8. I love London! Been there 5 times in my life and I totally like it <3
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.theworldc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just 5 times? Then I think you are due another visit :D

      Delete
  9. oh i cannot wait to go to london one day!!
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been years since I've been to London, but this video makes me want to go NOW! Love the music in the video. I often complain about living in a big city like L.A., but like London, one of the advantages of big city living is that you never run out of things to do or new places to discover. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LA is on my ridiculously long travel list too.

      Delete
  11. I love going to London there is so much to do there :)

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, one of the reasons I love it so much. No city compares,...as lovely as many are.

      Delete
  12. Love that quote so much! And that video is amazing! I loved every minute I spent in London recently its such a beautiful city although I must admit that I'm happy to be back in Paris ;)

    http://www.farfelue.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely due a visit in Paris soon :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.