11 July 2014

Must Do's In Hong Kong | High Tea At The Ritz Carlton Hotel

Hong Kong: Lunch Date at Ritz Carlton  CAFE 101

I shared with recently my visual diary of my visit to Hong Kong, from exploring Kowloon and Hong Kong Island as well as experiencing Hong Kong's famous Symphony of Lights on Victoria Harbor. I also managed to squeeze in a day trip from Hong Kong to visit Big Buddha on Lantau Island, this is where you will find Big Buddha perched on a mountain. I was in the city to see a friend of mine get married but will I was there I took the time to explore as I was flying solo on this trip. A few days after the wedding I caught up with the bride and groom for afternoon tea in the beautiful Ritz Carlton Hotel.

Stepping out of the car at the hotel you are immediately drenched in stunning views of the Victoria Harbor. Tittering quickly out of the humid to seek refuge in the hotel's air conditioned surroundings. Beautiful and elegantly decorated, Cafe 103, sits on the 103rd floor of the Ritz Carlton. Ritz Carlton is in the International Commerce Centre(ICC) tower and occupies floors 102 to 118. Arriving early I was shown to the table. At this point, I am now 490 meters above sea leave with truly phenomenal views of the city and coastline of Hong Kong and beyond.

Hong Kong: Lunch Date at Ritz Carlton CAFE 101
Hong Kong: Lunch Date at Ritz Carlton HK
Hong Kong: Lunch Date at Ritz Carlton HONG KONG

Views To Get Lost In Conversation With


After getting lost in conversation it was crunch time. Mouth-watering and tantalizing culinary delights of pure craftsmanship that it was almost sinful to devour. If you happen to find yourself in Kowloon and after eating your way through the food district does not forget to extend that eating tour to the Ritz. An exquisite array of choice of food, after tiring of savoring the luxurious selection it was time to tuck in! Hong Kong was fastly turning into a memorable trip. Lunching to views of a bustling Hong Kong in the ICC tower, the world's 7th tallest building and one known for the largest light and sound show on a single building. My sea-view room at the Marriott sat almost directly across Hong Kong Island so I was in full view of the ICC light show that happened every evening. I could stay and marvel at the views forever but it was time to do more exploring...


A Stay At The Ritz Carlton


When choosing where to stay in Hong Kong it was between The Ritz Carlton and Marriott Courtyard hotel because both are perfectly located and over incredible views of the Victoria Harbor. Both have beautifully luxurious rooms, panoramic views of the city and harbor, with spas and amenities that would allow you to easily enjoy yourself without stepping outside the hotel. While Ritz Carlton Hotel is located in Kowloon, Marriott Hotel is located on Hong Kong Island. In the end, I opted to stay at the Marriott as I was going to be in Hong Kong for 10 days it was simply a matter of course for the duration of days I was staying. Marriott Hotel was about £150 per night versus £350 per night at Ritz Carlton. I will return to Hong Kong and when I do, I have one place in mind! Ritz Carlton!

Hong Kong: Lunch Date at Ritz Carlton HK
Hong Kong: Lunch Date at Ritz Carlton HK


See that tunnel down below? - That's what connects Kowloon to Hong Kong Island(apart from the ferries, that is.)
Credit

Pin For Later



Afternoon tea and lunch at the Ritz. Kowloon exploPing in Hong Kong. What to do in Kowloon District of Hong Kong. Top sights to see in Hong Kong. Where to Eat in Hong Kong.

33 comments:

  1. wow that desert looks ammmmazing! I would love to go to Hong kong! looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hong Kong is always waiting to be explored when you are ready! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, what a long way up you were!! The food looks worth the trek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely was worth every mouthful :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! One of my best friends is living in Hong Kong at the moment, and I am hoping to visit later in the year. And when we do, I am definitely going there! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks absolutely incredible and so luxurious! I was actually meant to visit Hong Kong in August, but unfortunately it didn't work out. Strangely enough, your fantastic post is making me feel better about it rather than worse :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try heading there. Its so beautiful.

      Delete
  5. WOW. WOW. WOW... Now I am even more mad at myself that I did not get to Hong Kong when we had friends live there. I want that plate! Big thanks for joining us for #SundayTraveler again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame, but you can still head over there and get your friends to come so you have a local guide :)

      Delete
  6. I've never been to Hong Kong, I hope to visit one day. I love the Ritz. We've stayed in a few, and the food and accommodations are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arent they just! Luxury that is so hard to leave behind.

      Delete
  7. Yummy looking treats! And wow what a view! Love these photos- just bumps Hong Kong even higher on my list! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - what a view! Plus, the macarons look good too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. from the architecture to the food - blown away! That view is astounding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool place! Those desserts are making me want to raid the refrigerator!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That plate of the berries, macarons and desserts is spectacular. What a great combination of excellent food and views. I would probably overstay my welcome by a couple of hours just for the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely hard to leave I can tell you that.

      Delete
  12. The dessert looks amazing, and combined with the view, this is one special venue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What amazing views from up high! Wow. The dessert collection looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dessert and the view look amazing - very fancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm drooling over that dessert ... and those views are just stunning!

    Rachel@safari254

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, the view from the window is sooooo amazingly beautiful! The desserts look sooo yummy <3

    http://www.vonvogue.com/
    New Post: Concrete
    xoxo, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  17. the view is totally gorgeous there! my sister and I have high tea at the ritz carlton sometimes because it's so beautiful!

    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those cakes are making me feel hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing views! And yummy looking dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing photos and fantastic view!

    http://myonlysummer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, amazing place!


    GIVEAWAY on my blog:
    http://www.ladynoree.tk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. the dessert looks soooo yum! come often, the city just changes so fast
    xx nic
    lifevsstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks incredible, I hope I get to visit one day!
    www.ablogbygeena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing photographs, this place and the food look so incredible!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.