4 February 2014

DUSSELDORF | City break


DUSSELDORF | City break
I like a bit of a personal touch when it comes to travelling I want to see things like a local but also explore things that locals would normally take for granted. Part of my visit in the Germany weekend city break was going to be guided by a similar face. Remember my post on Berlin? My German buddy and I were re-uniting but this time in his hometown of Dusseldorf. With my list prepared of the sights I was not leaving the land of Oktoberfest without seeing, was only matched by his own local hotspots. Having left cold London at ridiculous 'o'clock and arriving to weather similar to London's  cloudy and dodgy weather I was not going to be deterred by a mere few nimbus grays. On the plus side my stay was to be at the Marriott, habour views check! Walking distance to old town, check! Beautifully lit bridge at my doorstep, with boat trip to see sights on the Rhine, check! Umberalla just in case the London rain has tracked me down, check and check!! Well ''what are you waiting for?! Lets do this!" The words I altered to my friend after dropping my bag in my room.


The day was spent viewing the sights, from the Rhine Tower, to walking on the Rhine Promenade, to visiting the old town that has the longest bar in the world. I was also convinced to eat an 'ol dirty bastard'; a burger that's named after an American rapper. The whole cafe has food named after hip-hop stars. I also managed to take in the views and grounds of the Palace in the northern part of town. Dusseldorf is a beautiful city and one that not many people venture too. There plenty of cheap tickets from London and the city is reasonably inexpensive so why wait?! Below are some of my pictures from the weekend in Dusseldorf. At the bottom is also a link to my top 10 things to see and do in Dusseldorf thats' featured on the Travel Noire site.

Check out my the Top 10 Reasons to Visit Dusseldorf featured on Travel Noire.
DUSSELDORF | City break

DUSSELDORF | City break

DUSSELDORF | City break

DUSSELDORF | City break
  

DUSSELDORF | City break








DUSSELDORF | City break




















Dusseldorf Weekend City Break | German Weekend Break| Cheap Weekend Breaks in Germany | A weekend in Berlin| Short Romantic Breaks in Europe| European Short Holidays

10 comments:

  1. I have not yet been to Dusseldorf, but after reading this it just jumped up my list. I'll have to take a look as to how to enjoy a weekend in Dusseldorf from my Croatian base. Those chandeliers look ohh so pretty, but by golly I'd hate to clean them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its definitely worth a visit. I am sure you will enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. looks lovely! wish I could go there x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely, I've never thought of going to Dusseldorf before but after this post and the fantastic photo's I may have to look into it! Jess x

    www.beautyblogjessb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos! I love your first sentence--it's a fine balance between wanting live like locals, but also see the touristy stuff--the things they take for granted. Thanks for linking up to the #SundayTraveler this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fantastic pictures. Funnily enough my husband has a cousin in Dusseldorf and has suggested that we go. Your piece has made it more likely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should. Its a beautiful city.

      Delete
  6. YAY! Thanks for linking up with us to #SundayTraveler

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful city! I love that pink building.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.