17 April 2014

The Red Sea: Dive in to a magical world

The Red Sea: Dive in to a magical world -Tiran Island Sharm El Sheik
Shipwreck near Tiran
Thinking about at the beautiful blue waters on my recent trip in Israel, I have been reminiscing about my diving in Egypt last September. Not only that, walking around with bare legs also revealed my little diving accident as the scar on my leg have healed but still shop dark patches.


Below is a video from my dive into a magical world of the Red Seas in Sharm El Sheik. Made up of several clips from the diving sessions we did both on Sharm and Tiran Island. I have always wanted to try out diving and I was unhappy about missing out on a diving session while visiting Malta last summer. So when the trip to Egypt came up I was not going to make that mistake twice. As scary as why lies in the depths of our explored and unexplored waters, there is no getting away from the fact that no matter where you go or how far you travel, this world we live in is covered by 70% water. Being a water baby in my past life I either want to be in it or near it! So the trip to Egypt was never just going to be about sun worshiping. I had do dive in and continue the search on finding nemo.

There is no need for strenuous training to get diving(you still have to dive with a qualified diver), although I did do a short intro to diving a week before I traveled. Nothing beats being in the sea, its scary to start but once you get the hang of controlling the buoyancy, its beautiful! The different colours of the fish, the fish swimming in little groups and some just looking as if they are chilling like Bob Dylan(sorry I couldn't resist). Exploring the seas around the bay where our hotel was and then diving miles away around the Island of Tiran. Was just amazing!  After freaking out about taking my regulator(oxygen pipe allowing you to breath) off 12 meters deep, I managed to do it few times once I got over over how easy it was to get it back via the technique taught by our diving instructor.




You can read more about about my first sea scuba diving experience here

Brave enough to take the plunge and give diving a try?

27 comments:

  1. This is amazing and it looks like you are really enjoying your self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video! :) I'd be terrified though - have a phobia of open water! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was scary to start with but its amazing just how calming being so deep in the water.

      Delete
  3. Cool video - looks like an amazing experience! I can't dive thanks to lots of ear problems, but I'd love to - it looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats a shame. I did have terrible pain in my ear when I had trouble equalising so I ended up having to go up then sink back up again as the pain was just unbearable.

      Delete
  4. I have considered diving, but am a bit claustrophobic. I do love snorkeling very much, tho. Your video just might inspire me to take on my fears. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am claustrophobic so the first dive for me was very challenging and too everything in me to keep calm but it was truly an amazing experience that I went back for a few more dives.

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love diving off the coast of Belize, looks like you had a great time in the Red Sea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I would love to visit the South America some day and hopefully do a bit of diving there too.

      Delete
  6. Diving looks amazing. Don't think I'd try it myself though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try it someday. Its so quiet and calming in the water not like I expected at all.

      Delete
  7. Such a cool experience - I bet it was really exciting swimming around the anchors and the sea bed. Nice camera work, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I went on a dive in the Red Sea in Aqaba, but Sharm looks even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aqaba is on my list to explore but may a bit of a dive too now that you have mentioned it.

      Delete
  9. Looks like a lot of fun. The only time I was at the Red Sea was at Hurghada. I didn´t like the sea there. There were more sea urchins than anything else. I was glad I wore fins.But the place you were looks cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, there was none of that where we were diving. It was really beautiful.

      Delete
  10. Looks like a blast. And I really liked the soundtrack too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bianca! Diving in the Egypt is still something I'd like to do someday :)! I got my PADI in Indonesia. Also a great diving spot! Very cool vid!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I dont have a PADI yet but its something that I am looking to have in the near future.

      Delete
  12. Nice! I've never dived, I'm a little bit afraid that I'll love it and blow all my money on it, that and I'm a bit scared of deep water haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, You know what, I was soooo scared before going in but once you get the hang of controlling the buoyancy its not all that bad. Like you said, you just might like and you can kiss your savings goodbye :P

      Delete
  13. I´ve dived at different dive spots around the globe and Red sea is definitely on my list. Nice video!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coool! Yes, nice video. I hope you had lots of fun!

    -Joua, http://jouatotherescue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.