25 April 2014

Off to Spitbank Fort



So excited to finally be heading to Spitbank Fort. Its a small luxury hotel on a sea fort off the coast of Portsmouth. It only has eight suites inside former gun emplacements, a restaurant, bar and rooftop entertainment area. A private boat trip to the island, champagne reception, private tour of the Spitbank Fort, what more can a girl ask for?

Really excited! I have only been to Portsmouth a handful of times since I moved back to London in 2010. I was originally meant to go for Valentines day but due to the terrible weather we've had in the UK of late the winds had damaged the stairs on the fort so we had to reschedule. Finally that day has come! So I will be spending most of Sunday on an exclusive private island in Portsmouth! 


Spitbank Fort Sea Hotel 1

Some of you may already know that I lived and studied in Portsmouth a good 4 years. Can you spot the Spinnaker tower in the background? That used to be(still is) the place to hang out in Portsmouth.

I will be sure to update the blog with pictures once I get back, but in the meantime here is a video of what the fort looks like. Also follow on Instagram or Facebook for regular updates.





Images via Spitbank Fort

Follow me on instagram instant photo updates.

16 comments:

  1. what a lovely day to have these photos taken on - looks stunning!
    carsonsmummy.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place! I've never been down south before, but this definitely makes me want to go!

    Sarah @ theblossomcart.blogspot.co.uk :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!
    Looks really cool, I would love to visit such a place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to live in Southampton, but I've never even heard of Spitbank. It looks lovely though, and Portsmouth is really nice. Have a great trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems to be really a great place. Never heard of it before. If you are passing by I would never guess it is a luxury hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting - I've been to Portsmouth once or twice but I never knew that fort was there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, doesn´t look like a luxury hotel from the outside! Looks amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you staying overnight or just for a day visit and meal? It looks like a giant buoy in the middle of the water. I look forward to reading more about the history of the fort.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Spitbank Fort looks totally awesome. I would love to stay here (and not only because you've mentioned a champagne reception). Have fun! Looking forward to see more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a really unique looking place, never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool place to sleep for a night or two. I wonder if you can hear the water and boats as they pass by from your room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay this sounds awesome and I'm completely jealous! Thanks for linking up to the #SundayTraveler!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks strange! I didn't know that there's such a thing on the sea by Portsmouth. I need to check it out one day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cool place for a hotel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wicked place for a getaway! I look forward to hearing about it. Biggest thanks for joining us for #SundayTraveler this week.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.