9 January 2016

Best Of Travel In 2015 | A Year In Review


Where on earth did 2015 go? Seems like it flew past in true "Gone With The Wind" style but not without a few enjoyable and memorable moments. For the past 3 years I have enjoyed putting together a year in review post as way to look back on all the places I have been in the previous year. In a way it brings back memories of all the crazy planning and fun moments experienced through the journeys I have taken.

Every year my boyfriend and I take on a one major holiday(in  addition to the weekend trips), sometimes it's multi-country and sometimes is a road trip through one. Last year we road tripped through Zambia, Botswana and Namibia and the year before we took on Israel from North to South. This year has also been exciting, travel-wise, that is.

In 2015 I managed to travel to 12 countries, 21 cities, stayed in 20 hotels, 2 Airbnb stays, 1 hostel, 3 house rentals, took 24 flights, 21 road trips, 2 international train trips and 3 sailing trips. On average I have been away at least once a month. I guess it helps that the first part of the year I was travelling a lot to the northern part of the UK for work, which made the need for 'a little getaway' that much more necessary. So without further ado, the travel run down from 2015.



Busy Bee In London 




As much as I escape London for quick weekend getaways in Europe and afar, I do love exploring this bustling city. Whether that is with photographer friends, meetups or taking family out on the town when they are visiting from abroad. There have been many a visit to the Sky Garden this year, Brunching on a Vintage a Route Master for English Tea, Exploring East London with Microsoft, shared top 10 things to do in London's Greenwich Village, visiting Hampton Court Palace, Luxury Boat cruise on the London Thames, Relaxing in London Parks, exploring East London markets and street art,   as well as sharing tips on London's best rooftop bars, and the best places to watch the sunset in London....Yes, as much as I travel I have a soft spot for London.


January - It's A Family Affair






Germany - Continuing with a 3 year tradition, I seem to be starting each year with a visit to Germany, well at last  the past 3 years with a trip to Germany, whether to visit a friend, see family or go on a work trip. Last year was no different as my sister, niece and I travelled to Frankfurt to visit my brother and his girlfriend who had son the year before and had twins end of 2015, so I guess another trip to Germany is in order.


March - Visiting The Happiest Capital In The World 



Denmark - In a bid to have a quick weekend getaway, I managed to score a deal that saw my boyfriend and I have a weekend in Copenhagen without breaking the bank. Thank God for RyanAir and their super cheap flights. Our 2 return flights were only £40. As much as people say Denmark is expensive, there are plenty of things to do that are either free or inexpensive. Check out my posts on Copenhagen for more details.


April - Discovering The English Coastal Towns



Thorpeness - Those charming little coastal towns that just ooze English Countryside charm but with the beautiful and quiet beaches thrown in.  If you are lucky and visit when the sun is out then you are in for some fun times. If you have not been or heard of Thorpeness then get you butt over there now. I am keen to continue this tradition of exploring more of the beautiful places we have in the UK. The UK is not just about London, so I can't wait to showcase more towns this year. Stay tuned!


May - In Search Of The Love Story At Taj Mahal



India - Both my boyfriend and I travel for work, though most of our travel is within the UK. In 2015 he was based in India for a month. When he asked if I could tag along. You should seen the speed I managed to sort out my visa and flight. I was out of the country within 3 days from being asked. Opportunities like that don't come often so when they do, grab a bag and go! In my 5 days in India, I managed to see Gurgoan, New Delhi and Agra where you can find the famous Taj Mahal. I will be sharing pictures of Taj Mahal soon in the mean time all posts on India are here.



June - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun



Greece - My young sister and her friend were visiting from the USA so we combined their visit with a well planned, multi-city trip to Greece during the Greek crisis no less. We explored Athens before road tripping around the island of Santorini. If you are ever on the island make sure you also sail around it, by far the best way to beach hop some of Santorini's best beaches. Some of the beaches can only be accessed by boat. I have post some pictures with more pictures to come on my explorations of Oia in my next post.


August - A View To Thrill



Wales - One of the best road trips yet. We drove to Wales for my boyfriend's birthday, which falls over the August Bank Holiday. The perfect time to get away with friends and hike around one of the UK's most beautiful and popular national parks. If you love nature and a good hike then do not sleep on Snowdonia. Snowdonia packs some of the most amazing views I have laid eyes on,  it's just breathtaking. My post on this also includes tips on walking trails as well as tips on what to pack when going hiking.


England - Eastbourne is another beautiful town on the coast of East Sussex. This was part of a challenge to prove that you can get away for the weekend without spending a lot of money. My boyfriend and I managed to get away for the weekend with £100 budget for food, accommodation and entertainment. You can read the post and guide on exploring East Sussex and its coastal towns.


September - Taking On El Caminito Del Rey


A photo posted by Bianca Malata(Bee 🐝) (@itsallbee) on


Spain - This was a surprise trip my boyfriend arranged. Usually I plan and book all the trips but this one he planned and booked everything.  All I had to do was pack a bag. It's not often I travel without having some input into the coordination of the trip. I must say I rather enjoyed just kicking back and enjoying myself without thinking about the itinerary. We managed to drive from Malaga to explore small towns in Andalusia. Basing ourselves in Ardales which is simply a place you should add to your travel list. The main reason for basing ourselves here was also to take on El Caminito Del Rey, at one point one of the most dangerous paths in the world. I can't wait to share pictures from that trip soon. 


November - Paris Is Always A Good Idea




France - You really do get a different feel for the city when you return as a photographer rather than a tourist/traveller. A few photographer friends and I embarked on a weekend in Paris. Taking to Trocadero for a sunrise shoot and Moulin Rouge for some post sunset shots. As my trip to Paris for new years was foiled I am returning to Paris next month, because as they say; Paris is always a good idea!


December - The Month of Luxury Travel


A photo posted by Bianca Malata(Bee 🐝) (@itsallbee) on


Asian Tour - Leaving the best for last, my boyfriend and I packed our bags in search for a little RnR in the Asian sun. Our first stop was in Hungarian city of Budapest for a little European break before take off. We then flew to China, Cambodia, Thailand and Malaysia. We were meant to finish our trip in Paris but managed to miss one of our flights and ended up ringing in the new year in Cambodia. From temple runs in Cambodian ruins to Palatial visits in Bangkok, before relaxing in private beachfront villas in Phuket, then before taking to hotel views that come with Petronas towers as morning neighbours. It was certainly a whirlwind with daily Thai massages thrown in. I cannot wait to share pictures and tales from our trip.


So thats all my travels in 2015, where did you manage to travel to last year and do you have a favorite? Comment below.

21 comments:

  1. Oh my! Some people don't travel as much in a lifetime as you have over the past year. Congrats to you for living it up. I absolutely love the images that you shared on the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AyCee. Travel is not as expensive as people usually think. Its a shame people dont explore this beautiful world we live in.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you've been to some really beautiful places. I love to travel, you are doing it all the way up. Cheers to going to even better places in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi. Here's to more travel in 2016.

      Delete
  3. Love your blog, amazing photos tarted following would love it if you could check my blog out and follow me too
    tweetykel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! You live thee life! Love it! Cheers to travelling more in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy. Here's to more travel in 2016.

      Delete
  5. Omg! You live thee life! Love it! Cheers to travelling more in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my... you have been busy travelling! India is just beautiful and Greece is in my bucket list! Great recap dear!!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    instagram.com/grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You've been to so many places. I think it was your Greece post that led me to your blog and eventually convinced me to subscribed. I loved your photos there!

    Last year, I've managed to set foot on a few interesting places from the three island groups of the Philippines. Mostly beaches. This year, I'll be setting off abroad for the first time so that's something I'm excited about. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, amazing post! I really enjoyed reading it, so lucky to have traveled to 12 countries in a year!!! In 2015, I only traveled to one new country, and that was Uzbekistan. It was a really interesting country! hoping to travel more soon!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I have heard so many things about Uzbekistan. My stepson went on a school trip in 2014. I will have to check out your blog for details.

      Delete
  9. All n all you had an amazing time in 2015. Best of luck for 2016. In 2015 I have not been anywhere:( but now I am going for Tours of San Francisco in the march of 2016:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. However, depending on your home-based travel agencys sales volume in combination with the travel marketing organization you go with, preferred travel suppliers may pay out as much as 13%, 15% and in some cases up to 20%.
    http://www.arabianholidaysdubai.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. In a way it brings back memories of all the crazy planning and fun moments experienced through the journeys I have taken.http://www.stockholmfreetour.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's just breathtaking. My post on this also includes tips on walking trails as well as tips on what to pack when going hiking.village life

    ReplyDelete
  13. When you travel to your dream destinations with your loved ones, you make memories for a life time; no language could explain the joy of that experience. Travel blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first step to planning good cruise ship travel is to know who's coming along for the ride! This is important because there are different cruise packages suited to different passenger needs. http://shipsandchampagne.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Notwithstanding, with the creation of the web you can do this for yourself from the solace of your own home. best flight deals

    ReplyDelete
  17. This bit of composing is truly well beyond.
    free tour estocolmo

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.