20 August 2016

Sydney Apartments That will Bring Out The Naomi Campbell Out of You!


Lately, when I travel I prefer a little bit of "home from home comfort" so I tend to opt for apartments when traveling for leisure these days. Sure you might want everything taken care of by the hotel and that's great when I am staying in hotels while on a work project. For my trip to Australia this March, I wanted to be right in the city but still feel comfortable in the space I was staying and much less foot traffic compared to a hotel. I definitely found in Meriton Apartments. They have some of the tallest residential properties in Sydney. They have many apartment buildings in Sydney and some with penthouse. I chose to stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments in Pitt Street. Right in the heart of Sydney's CBD. Westfield Shopping Centre is just a street or 2 streets away. It is perfectly located in that you also have the world famous Queen Victoria Building with designer boutique stores, cafes and restaurants just a few steps away.  Just as well, as being close to many a restaurant meant I had enough time to evoke the Naomi Campbell alter ego before venturing off to dinner with travel friends I met in the city. 


I also love the fact that it was in walking distance to Sydney's Opera House, Harbour Bridge, Darlington Harbour and Hyde Park. The apartment was a one bed-room apartment with plenty of room and views around the city. I was fairly unlucky that while I was in the city it poured down like the heavens had opened! I simply stocked up on grab and took to watching the city from my balcony until the weather came back to its senses, then again my visit in Sydney was right at the end of their Summer. The left is fully kitted out with all the essentials so I stocked up and cooked my own food when I wanted and just chilled out as if I was at home. When the weather brightened up  I was off exploring Bondi Beach and surrounding coastline and the rest of the city so look out for pictures from my solo explorations of Sydney. For tips on solo travel, I recently posted about travel tips for first time solo travellers, not to mention that I rented the apartments on my own, the area was central and I felt perfectly safe walking around here. Another plus was that the city tour bus stopped a few meters from the apartment entrance. 

If apartment rentals are not your style but still want to stay fairly central, there are plenty of hotels in Sydney from luxury hotels to budget style accommodation in the city. You can also check out my top 10 things to do in Sydney.

Bag: Celine  |  Shoes:  Miss Selfridges | Jumpsuit: Boohoo | Earrings:  H&M 




9 comments:

  1. Lovely write up and your pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I've never been to Australia, these pictures have me dreaming.

    How did you take the pictures with you in them? Tripod and timer photography? Look like a pro job. The first one in black and white had me......:-)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A good tripod and a remote :D

      Delete
  2. Ready to begin my solo travelling. You are an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ready to begin my solo travelling. You are an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! You are beautiful. I hope we can cross paths in the future! I'm on my solo RTW trip now. I have about 2 months left in Europe before I head to Africa. My name is Mable. I'm not sure why this has me listed as EJ Anderson. Gotta check that out! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same Mable I met in Melbourne? I am in London if you are ever in the city :)

      Delete
  5. There is a famous quote which says; "In the middle ages people were tourists because of their religion, whereas now they are tourists because tourism is their religion."
    Lethbridge real estate

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.