27 December 2014

A Year Of Travel | 2014 In Review



How this year has gone by so quickly! The year has been a bit of a whirlwind with many ups and downs, but thankfully more ups than downs. We only have a few days left of the year, as we wave goodbye to 2014 and head into the new year with a brand new attitude, I thought I would review some of what I got up to this year. I am so excited for the new year, which always brings the usual excitements and new plans for you too I hope. This year also saw me collaborate with so many other bloggers, from meeting at blogger events to guest posts and features on other blogs to publishing my travel adventures on Travel Noire(global community for black travellers). I cant wait to share plans for the coming year. Without further ado...

January Travels


The very start of the year saw me head to Germany for a work related trip but that didnt stop me leaving on a Friday evening to explore a few towns before my training started on the following Monday. I met up with my friend who  lives in Dusseldorf for a weekend of exploring. He showed me around his city and made time to have a road trip to Cologne. Living Monday morning to head to for a solo trip to Frankfurt before exploring Kronberg where my training was taking place.

Cologne's Love Locks Bridge


April Fools


This year had two major family trips fun and scary at the same time, where both my boyfriend and I were going to be meeting each other's extended families back home. With his extended family based both in Russia and Israel, this year we thought we could only manage to comfortably travel to one of the countries to also have time to explore surrounding areas. So April saw us travel to Israel, while meeting family and friends, we also managed to explore the country from North to South, touching down in Shlomi, Nahariya, Haifa, Western Wall in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Akko and the floating in the Dead Sea before leaving Israel. The whole country is so beautiful and so much history where ever you turn that its' sad that there is so much to conflict there. When we travelled at no point did I feel in danger, that was also before the major fighting we have all seen on TV throughout this summer.


Shlomi | A Sanctuary Overlooking Lebanese Mountains
Haifa | Peace and Harmony in the Ba'hai Gardens
48 hours in Jerusalem - Israel

Local Travel


I always give anyone the side eye that says "Oh I cant travel because I can't afford it". You dont need to win the lottery to explore. Starting with your backyard can be just as much fun and cost little to nothing. What I also find is travelling around the UK is more expensive sometimes than travelling to Europe, which absolutely DOES NOT make any sense to me. I guess that's maybe where the term "rip-off Britain" comes from as we always seem to be suckered into paying more than we should for many things, but I digress. Exploring your own backyard allows you to appreciate great spots that you mostly likely take for granted because they are so close...like living next door to Tower of London for 20 years and not once stepped in it until the London Poppies installation was placed - Yep that was the first time going inside! I also took off to explore Edinburgh and found a little gem for all of you to check out on your next visit. Glamping in the beautiful English countryside for some much needed RnR with friends. Also managed to squeeze in some time for a man-made island to partake in a romantic date on the Spitbank Fort with AAAMAZING views surrounding the fort. Lets also not leave out exploring the creative part of London that is East London


Spitbank Fort | Secrets of The Solent

No Place Like Home - An African Adventure


Remember how I mentioned that this year was going to be one for two major family trips? Well this is that other part. My boyfriend met most of my family in London but I also have many more relatives living back home in Zambia and Botswana so what better reason for planning an African adventure around a family reunion. I am sure you have seen some of my pictures from our exploration of Zambia, where we explored the capital before heading to Livingstone for Tongabezi and diving into the Devils pool as well as Lunch on the beautiful Victoria Falls.




We also drove from Zambia to Botswana where we did a Safari in the Okavango Delta then drove from Botwana to Namiba where we explored Swakopmund, Walvis Bay and Windheok. There are plenty more posts to come that as I haven't had the time to post yet. Although you may have seen me post a few pictures from the safari  and desert sandboarding on my Facebook and Instagram.

Going Dutch


Ending the year in true form with not only one trip but two in the dutch capital of Netherlands.  We went dutch in true romantic style with a Wine Experience at the Dylan in Amsterdam. As if that wasn't enough we also got to explore Amsterdam via a food tour with Eating Europe where we explored the city by boat and feasted on the most delicious food. You can also check out my other post on Brunch in Amsterdam...more posts to come on Amsterdam.



So how has 2014 been for you? More importantly what are you most looking forward to in 2015? Travel plans you want to share?


So you never miss a post, be sure to follow me on 

39 comments:

  1. Just found your blog - you are literally living my dream! I totally agree with you about travelling locally when your bank account just doesn't understand your wanderlust though; I plan to do even more travelling around England next year. It's done wonders for my sanity, haha x

    Blog: Ses Rêveries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I am glad you came across the blog. I hear you about travelling around England. I have more in store for next year :D

      Delete
  2. oh, the places you've visited! All the photos look so beautiful!

    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great 2014!
    My year was just OK. I plan my 2015 to be much better travel-wise, start wandering around Belgium!

    ReplyDelete
  4. London, Dusseldorf, Israel: seems like we had a few destinations in common this year! :-) Here's to a 2015 full of new adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha we may have crossed pathes without knowing it :D

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a great year and such varied destinations and amazing photos! Looking forward to following your adventures in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they have varied quite a bit havent they? I hope for 2015 to be the same? It will definitely be a mix of South America, Asia, Europe and more of Africa! :D Cant wait to share plans soon

      Delete
  6. I wish you an even more exiting 2015 than 2014! Good luck!

    Anna xx
    www.anyaofficiel.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, so many wonderful places you have been to. Hope you started your 2015 well and wish you all the best for this year

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite some travelling you did in 2014..! Good luck with 2015, I'm sure it'll be intensive as well :) Do you plan to do a post on what you plan for this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes I do plan on doing a post on travel plans for the year which I hope will include South America.

      Delete
  9. Wow looks like you had an amazing 2014! Wishing you an even more awesome 2015! :)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New year dear! May your 2015 be even more interesting and exciting then 2014!:)
    Margo Raffaelli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy New Year to you as well :D

      Delete
  11. JERUSALEM!!! that is in my bucket list

    xo Cassandre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its absolutely beautiful. I am sure you will love it when you visit.

      Delete
  12. It seems like you have done some awesome things this past year, I hope 2015 keeps the same! Have a wonderful time! By the way, I have been to Zambia and Botswana and they are gorgeous! With love,
    Vera

    http://theflashwindow.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome year you had! Wish you more awesomeness the coming year. And wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Intresting! Happy New Year!
    http://larissamerkulova.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG I am having travel envy right now! Thanks for stopping by my blog by the way. I am so happy you did becasue it gave me a chance to check out your amazing space. I will be following along so I can stalk you on your trips. If you get the chance really do go to Nepal. It's lovely and peaceful especially Pokhara.
    http://jadeblyssjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep, Nepal is definitely on the list :D

      Delete
  16. Happy New Year Bee.Wonderful pictures, looks like you had a wonderful 2014, I did too. In 2015 I'm looking forward to travelling more in Kenya and also exploring East Africa.

    www.safari254.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. so many amazing adventures!! cheers to 2015!!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you've had a fabulous year, let's hope that 2015 brings all that and so much more! I'm heading from Australia to Asia back to Europe and exploring some more of the Eastern countries! You've taken some brilliant photos too, keep up the great work.

    www.thetechgypsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such an inspirational post. Your trip in Africa is awesome. I can't believe you went swimming on a water fall. I tried swimming under a waterfall but never on top before. That's just great.
    You have a wonderful blog. Would you like to follow each other?

    http://heidepadilla.blogspot.com/
    Bloglovin
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
    Youtube

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, so much travel to pack into one year, how lucky you are!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Вау! Удивительный пост!
    http://larissamerkulova.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic photos! So bright and colorful! :)

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing photos!!!

    Kiss kiss.*Jo
    http://joandcompanystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great year full of travel! I went to Vic Falls from the Zimbabwean side, so I never got to swim in the Devil's pools. Looks like fun though. Scary, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy new year.
    I absolutely love your blog. I just finished reading every post you've written and the journey has been amazing. From your rock climbing/mentoring to your travels.
    I recently just moved back to my home country of Nigeria and I'm trying to show the tourism side of it.
    I hope you check out my site and enjoy it. x
    www.unravellingnigeria.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's a pretty cool review! Thank's for sharing! Have lot's admiring adventures!:)
    http://toamsterdam.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tereza. I cant wait to share the one from this year's travels. Please follow on Bloglovin to stay updated on new posts.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.