11 November 2015

Travel and Beauty | Jet Set Ready With... Coco Butter


The second in the 'Jet Set Ready With...' series. This time we have Samantha who blogs at CoCo Butter. A lover of travel and exploring, although London continues to be her favourite city. Below, Samantha shares her secrets when it comes to being Jet Set Ready!

You can find the links to Samantha's blog below. I hope you enjoy  the series.

1. How do you get ready for a  holiday?

I start preparing as soon as I book a holiday by stepping up my exercise routine and trying to eat a little bit healthier - all in an attempt to get my bikini body! I'll also start taking tanning and hair, skin and nails supplements so that I can look my best on the beach. I'll also use the sunbed a couple of times before I leave (naughty!) to prepare my skin for the sun. The day before I leave, I'll get Shellac on my nails and toenails, shave everywhere that needs it, fake tan, and get my eyelashes tinted. I always leave packing until the last minute and so I'm usually stressing the day before!

2. What's your beauty routine before a flight?


I like to keep really hydrated before flying as it dries out your skin so much so I'll make sure I use a rich moisturiser like Elemis' Marine Cream, plenty of hand cream and a lovely-smelling lip balm - my favourite at the moment is the cocoa one from Pixi. I take miniatures of these in my hand luggage so that I can top up during the flight. I like to look my best for the airport photos so I will wear a full face of makeup but if I'm flying long haul or overnight, I'll take make-up wipes with me so that I can remove it on the plane.

3. What's your go to fragrance for your getaway?

My favourite holiday perfume is Daisy by Marc Jacobs. It's really light, floral and summery and holds plenty of memories for me. My husband bought me some back from duty-free on his last boys trip and so he got himself straight into my good books!

4. What's your favorite beauty treatment?

I love getting my nails done and I always opt for a gel or gel polish like Shellac. It lasts for up to two weeks so you don't have to worry about reapplying nail varnish during your holiday.

5. Do you do anything extra to get beach ready?

When it gets to about a month before the holiday, I'll really step up my fitness routine and start working out three to four times a week. I like to mix it up with doing cardio a couple of times a week like running or swimming and some circuit training for toning. If I can't get to the gym, I'll pop a video on YouTube to do at home - I really like the Pop Sugar Fitness ones as I'm always in so much pain the next day that I know it must be working!
6. Do you have a beauty regime for looking refreshed after a long haul flight?I like to keep my make up light after a long haul flight so as not to dry out my skin too much. I'll cleanse, tone and moisturize (I love Dermalogica's Microfoliant to get rid of dead skin cells and make your skin bright again) and then apply a light BB cream or tinted moisturiser. Tropic do a lovely BB cream that leaves you glowing.
Dermalogica Microfoliant
7. Have you discovered any beauty treatments/brands on your travels that you have now incorporated into your beauty routine or lifestyle?

I haven't really discovered many new treatments or brands on holiday but I do always love a trip to Sephora when I'm abroad. I love popping in as they have everything in one place. Also, a trip to the duty free on the way home is a must.

8. Does your skin care routine change for different seasons or areas around the world you are  traveling to?

If I'm going on a summer holiday where I'll be doing a lot of sunbathing, I'll make sure that I use a lot of aftersun all over my body after sunbathing. I also keep my make-up really light - no one wants to see a full face of melting make-up! It also helps when you're in and out of the pool - you don't want it running all over you. For summer holidays I also like getting my eyelashes and eyebrows tinted as they're blonde so I can't possibly be seen without make-up on them. I try to keep my beauty and make-up routines on holiday quite minimal so that I can spend the maximum amount of time possible having fun and exploring.

9. What has been your go-to style when travelling?

During summer I love wearing bold prints and I've recently really got into wearing patterned jumpsuits. My style is really laid back on holiday so I'll wear boho accessories and leave my hair to dry naturally.

10. Any packing tips?

I'm actually a really good packer and usually manage to travel quite lightly. The best packing tip is outfit building. Plan what you're going to wear every day so that you don't bring unnecessary outfits and add to your luggage allowance. This also helps when you're trying to decide what to wear as you have little to no choice!

You can follow Samantha's blog and social media via the links below: 

Blog: http://cocobutterblog.co.uk
Instagram: CoCoButterBlog 
Twitter: CoCoButterBlog  


So you never miss a post, be sure to follow me on 

BLOGLOVIN +


2 comments:

  1. Love this type of post! Will check out her blog. I love Daisy by MJ as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful tips when traveling. I also try to travel light but always end up with so much stuff regardless haha. And you definitely can't miss duty free shopping, I think that's a must on my list, too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.