16 March 2014

Mundesley Beach | Sun, Sea & Sand

Mundesley Beach | Sun, Sea & Sand

For someone that works within IT and running a blog means I spend a lot of time on the laptop or peering at one gadget or another. This means that even when I am not at work I will find myself on the laptop, iPad or phone. With only 24 hours in the day, doing this 7 days a week can take its toll on you. This is a recipe for anxiety ridden days sometimes with an endless to-do list. After much resistance from Mr Awesome, I finally agreed to take a break from all gadgets, with the exception of my trusted Nikon - hence why I have pictures for you. So last weekend I retreated to Norfolk with Mr Awesome and with a few of his friends. This was not just any weekend but a Reiki Weekend Retreat. They rented out the Coastguard Cottage, cozy and beautifully decorated with a nautical theme.



For those of you that don't know about Reiki, its a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation. I have had Reiki sessions before but this was going to be a weekend of pure relaxation and not having to lift a finger. Actually that last part I only found out about it when I got there. I couldn't object to being looked after for the whole weekend.


From the moment we arrived on Friday night, as soon as we parked car, I had to keep still for a moment because I just wanted to take it all in. We arrived late, it was pitch black with a few lights around but the sky was glowing, the moon was out and the stars, oh my goodness. Living in busy and brightly lit London its not everyday I get to stare at the sky and see the diamond dusted blanket of stars shinning down on me. The stillness of the moment was only interrupted by the sound of crashing waves on the beach. I was now too excited to sleep considering we drove 3 hours from London and arrived shortly before midnight.

The following morning got off to a fresh start with meditation on the beach before breakfast. Cool, fresh breeze, low waves teasing the shoreline. I could really get used to this. Endless sea beyond, not a boat or ship afloat. We headed back to the cottage shortly after the meditation session. Breakfast was served with a side of laughter as the table was filled with good food and good company. Laughter is truly the best therapy around and you cannot ask for more when you have a weekend filled with it. Later on, on Saturday I had another Reiki Session with Sarah. The session leaves you feeling wonderful, in dream like state and just blissfully peaceful. During the session you feel a tingle as she moves around you. I woke up feeling relaxed and just wishing I could have stayed in that moment forever.

On Sunday Mr Awesome and I spent some time exploring the shoreline and we couldn't have done it at a better time as the sun was out and it was incredibly warm. I was surprised to be running around in wellies on the beach with no jacket on because it was that warmth that just feels so cozy and homely and comfortable. It must have taken a few of the locals by surprise too as on the way because they were all coming out of the wood works to sun bath. With a few bringing out their kayaks. For anyone visiting or living in the UK, don't be so keen to fly off the island. Mundesley sits on the coast of North Norfolk and with a population of around 2,500 it is very much unspoilt. Norfolk or Mundesley Beach to be more specific, could so easily be somewhere I could spend a week just chilling and recovering from the hustle and bustle of London or any major city. Its scenic, the people in the little village are friendly and the miles and miles the beach extends for leaves you wanting to check on the cottage prices around the village so you could forever relive the blissful serenity on offer in this quaint English seaside resort.


Mundesley Beach | Sun, Sea & Sand


Mundesley Beach | Sun, Sea & Sand
Mundesley Beach | Sun, Sea & Sand
Mundesley Beach | Sun, Sea & Sand















This post is part of the #SundayTraveler blog hop hosted by Chasing The Donkey



40 comments:

  1. I love these photos! Especially the little Maritime Museum... It's so tiny...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Its so cute! It was closed but from the size of it I cant image there is much to show inside.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy your posts
    great photos
    thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for dropping by :D

      Delete
  3. That has got to be the cutest house ever! I love all the details inside. Fantastic photos too. Thanks for linking up to the #SundayTraveler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful getaway...this is my type of retreat and being by the sea sounds wonderful, i would love to look for sea shells and it looks like there's some great finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a relaxing weekend. Sea, Sand and SUN!! Its not everyday you get all three in one go in the UK so that was a nice bonus to the chilled out setting of the country side.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous photos! Just the surroundings seems nice and relaxing =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ace. It was definitely relaxed. I wish I could do it again soon.

      Delete
  6. Reiki is becoming pretty popular in Costa Rica, I know several people who are licensed and practice. That little getaway looks lovely! What a cute quaint little house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had found out about it sooner....The dream like state and peaceful feeling you feel after might become addictive :D

      Delete
  7. Great for you to take a break from all the gadgets! I'm also always on my pc/ iphone / ipad, you name it. And you've certainly chosen a perfect getaway place. Lovely photos (glad you haven't taken a break from your Nikon)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh we really are in the digital age aren't we but it felt so good to be a little disconnected to the world for the weekend. Maybe you can also try to take a short break from your gadgets :)

      Delete
  8. Nice photos! im glad that you have managed to escape from the gadgets for a bit :)) Do it more often then, looks you quite enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elena. Yep that is the plan...I will try and be a little more consistent on taking on the gadget breaks :D

      Delete
  9. These photos are beautiful. I love the vibrant flowers and the nautical theme. I'm a programmer so I can empathize with you on needing to get away. I feel so relaxed just looking at your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, yep we definitely need a moment from the computers...

      Delete
  10. sounds like the ultimate relaxing weekend! Love the pics too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad you like them. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous photos! And, it's always nice to take a break :) Thanks for linking up to the #SundayTraveler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is. I am counting down to my next break. Two more weeks!

      Delete
  12. What a gorgeous little place! I love all your shots of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that place is beautiful like i wanna live there forever! perfect for place to unwind. love the purple flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to stay there forever as well.

      Delete
  14. I'm a sucker for the beach, so this definitely looks like a side trip I'd love to take the next time I visit England. Gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, definitely one to visit when you are back in England.

      Delete
  15. great pics, love the antique type decorations in the museum - we want to decorate our spare room with a beach theme and these pics are inspiring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad my pictures have offered something to your theme.

      Delete
  16. Bianca, I know I said this before, but I love your photography. Great eye for detail :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its always great to hear that people are enjoying my photography. Makes me want to continue improving on them :D

      Delete
  17. Great photos! Looks like a wonderful place to spend a weekend unplugged and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley, it really was is a beautiful place, would definitely recommend unplugging and fully share all your attention with the people in the room without gadgets.

      Delete
  18. Awesome photos, this reminds me of the beaches in New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon. Will definitely check out your blog to have a look at any New Zealand pictures if you have any. I am planning a trip to Australian next year so I dont know if I can squeeze in New Zealand too.

      Delete
  19. Beautiful photos! I love the nautical interior design! I can totally relate to spending too much time on technology. Luckily I work in a cafe so the most computery thing I have to do is input orders. But on my days off, I'm on the computer doing blog stuff all day! Glad to see you escaped for a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. Glad you love the pictures. Yeah its definitely good to get a nice break every once in a while.

      Delete
  20. So glad you commented on my blog as it lead me to have a good nosey round yours! Not only have you recently been to beautiful Newcastle you've also been to Norfolk which is where I was born and grew up :) I don't get back home too often now as it's a 5 hour trip so I love stumbling across blog posts about Norfolk. I'm staying with my family for a week in June so looking forward to having days and days to get out and about exploring the area again, it's been such a long time since I spent any substantial time there.

    So glad you enjoyed Mundesley ..I hope you'll return to Norfolk soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha isnt it such a small world?! I loved Norfolk and would definitely love to go back some time. I hope you enjoy your visit back home. Hopefully you will take some shots of your trip too :D

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.