18 November 2015

Santorini Sailing | The Coolest Way To Beach Hop Around The Greek Island


My young sister posing for the camera.

I am not sure about you but the current weather situation in London has me wishing I was somewhere sunny. Luckily, I still have more pictures from sunny escapes over the summer. One being my trip to Greece in July which saw my sister, one of her closest friends and I visit Greece, passing through Athens(posts to come) and Santorini.

As popular as Santorini is for weekend getaways, honeymoons, beach vacations for the lads and the girl's getaway, it's also small enough to get lost and have moments of peace and quiet without hordes of tourists in your path.  Leaving London in search of sun, sea and sand we were three girls hungry for shots of serotonin and what better place to dose up than beach hoping around the island of Santorini?!

Beaches packed with volcanic minerals, from red sand beaches, black sand, white sand and your usual golden sand beaches. Santorini beaches have it all! The coolest way to beach hop, of course is by way of sailing around Santorini. There are several options when it comes to what is on offer. The choice simply depends on your budget and comfort requirements.

You will have a choice between larger boats that cater to 50-100 on board, catamarans for between 6-36 people per  boat. These usually come inclusive of the pick-up from your hotel, food on board, stops at some of the beaches for a swim as well as a stop by the hot springs for a swim around the volcano. You may also have time to climb the volcano.

Prices for these tours range from 50-60 Euros for the larger boats with more people on board, about 90-150 Euros for the catamaran with between 6-36 people. You can also charter the boats with friends for a little over 1000 Euros, which provides more flexibility on where around the Island you visit, although, our group being some we had flexibility on where we went and how long we stayed there before moving on. While this option was suitable when we chartered a boat in Malta, this time round we opted for the catamaran with a limit of 10 people, also choosing one with all adults on board. The beauty of these tours is that you get to see most if not all of Santorini's coolest beaches without crowds, your own chef on-board to serve up a seafood feast and while everyone is huddled up in Oia for the sunset, you get to see that sun go down at sea. An absolutely spectacular view! Below are some of the shots from our sailing around Santorini.

For sailing around Santorini or even chartering a boat to sail around Greek Islands then check out sailing excursions here, here and here. I preferred the ones with smaller groups but there are larger boat cruises too. There are various other tours and activities available on the island. From wine tasting, sea kayaking, paddleboarding to photography sessions. For more details on activities available check here.










Watching The Sun Go Down In Santorini



So you never miss a post, be sure to follow me on 

BLOGLOVIN +



Like this post? Share or Pin It For Later





17 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous sunset! I absolutely adore Greece and I've been thinking about going on a sailing holiday after someone in the office recommended it to me - this might have convinced me!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend sailing around Santorini. For the views alone in addition to being away from hordes of tourist. Its just so peaceful.

      Delete
  2. Your photos make Santorini very appealing. It is on my list for the future! Looks like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures look absolutly beautiful. That is one of my dream places to visit with my hubby... sexy and all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! I'm dying to visit Santorini. My mom and I sailed the mediterranean when we visited Kalkan, Turkey last spring and it was amazing.

    All the Best,
    Allison | www.LiveLifeWellBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check it out. Such a beautiful little island.

      Delete
  5. My god you're living the dream! Santorini and sailing, I am so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well this is just gorgeous! I think everyone's dream Greek destination is Santorini. Also, where did you get that bodysuit/swimming costume? I need it in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a fabulous time! Love these photos. I loved watching the sunset from the ocean in Hawaii, so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing pictures! I missed Santori when I went to Greece..will definitely make sure to go there next time I visit Greece ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely visit Santorini next time you are in Greece. You will love it.

      Delete
  9. Wonderful photos! I loved Santorini, and cannot wait to go explore the Greek Islands more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Looking to visit more of the Greek Islands next year.

      Delete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! My husband and I are heading there for our babymoon and plan on doing the Sunset Sailing. Did you feel safe leaving your things onboard? We would like to bring out camera but we're not sure if that is a smart move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there were only a couple of people on body the boat so I felt perfectly safe leaving things around when moving about the boat. You should be fine. The only thing you have to worry about is not dropping your valuables in the water :D

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.