20 March 2015

Namibia | The Blue Hues of Swakopmund Beach



Swakopmund is one of Namibia's largest coastal towns which draws in travellers from all over the world but a shame that not enough people know about this beautiful spot. In my previous post I showed you some of its European-style colonial architecture which takes a lot of influence its German colonisation. In my next post I will be showing you our next stop in the next town of Walvis Bay where we spotted dolpins and flamingos but not before taking to the nearby dunes. The cute town of Swakopmund is sandwiched between the dunes and the beach. So you can go from sand boarding to beach surfing within minutes. The choice of activities for such a small town is unbelievable. I may have to come back from surfing lessons but I while I was there I managed sand boarding which I have been dying to do for too long. Pictures in posts to come.



Food Stop:  When you visit the town a must-stop is the Jetty 1905 restaurant on the pier in Swakopmund. Not only for the beach but the stunning views of the coastline as well as the sunset. There is indoor and outdoor seating so providing it's not windy ask for a table outside. Some shots below of the grub, the pictures don't do them enough justice and the service was super attentive. We stopped by during the day but as the evenings a popular you will definitely have to make a booking in advance for a table to avoid disappointment.

Where to stay: We stayed at Gecko Ridge Lodge which I have reviewed on the blog but for a full list of hotels and guesthouse in Swakopmund check out this list of hotels in the city.


Pin for later






9 comments:

  1. Your photos are simply stunning.... I am missing the sun, sea and a beach!!! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are gorgeous, they're really making me want to be on holiday right now x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We stayed in Swakopmunde for Christmas some years ago and loved it. The beach is wonderful and so are the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a treat, isnt it! I would love to go back soon.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, that looks like a dream! Love love love the photos!

    http://www.thetouristoflife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I hear Namibia, I think of safaris, not beaches and gourmet food. Gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people equate this part of Africa with just safaris but there is sooo much more to see and do. Especially when you have the beach and sand dunes side by side.

      Delete
    2. So many people equate this part of Africa with just safaris but there is sooo much more to see and do. Especially when you have the beach and sand dunes side by side.

      Delete
  6. these photos are lovely & i'm getting so hungry just looking at your photos! <3

    xo,
    Kelly

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    Hope you're having a beautiful day! xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.