22 October 2016

Snapshots From Warsaw | A city That Should Be On Your Radar


Warsaw, the capital and largest city in Poland. If you have not been, its one to put on your radar for future travels. Following the aftermath of the war, Poland has modernised its capital, moving from Stalinist Utilitarian era that dominated much of the capital. Although you still have reminders in the beautiful Palace and Culture that stands as the focal point of the city.


I certainly enjoyed visiting the capital and will definitely look to visit more Polish cities next year. I share tips on what to see and do in the Warsaw a while back. We walked a lot for much of our stay and had a few lazy bouts where we used the underground. It's not any more difficult than using the London underground. Once you figure out which direction your need to go the rest is a breeze. Also worth the investment is the travel card and train ticket which you can buy as 24, 48 or 72 hours, even better is getting the Tourist Card which doubles as a train ticket. The tourist card gives you a discount on city attractions, car rentals and some hotels too.

Warsaw as an interesting collection of neighbourhoods, from the hidden little square with buildings in an assortment of candy colours to a mix of modern and old architecture reflecting its turbulent past. With all this, I love the fact that wine and dining in the city aren't expensive either. Which makes me sad that I hadn't visited all along. Well, that is going to change next year as I have my eyes set on Gdansk, Cracow. In the meantime I also shared a Weekend Guide for Warsaw as well as a few other posts on Warsaw including where to stay in the capital.

When you visit Warsaw be sure to check out the following tourist sights in Warsaw:


1. Palace of Culture and Science

2. Fryderyk Chopin Museum

3. Warsaw Royal Castle

4. Old Town Square

5. Warsaw Rising Museum

6. Russian Orthodox Church

7. Jesuit Church

8. Lazienki Park and Palace

9. Zlote Tarasy Shopping Mall

10. Fryderyk Chopin Museum

Below are some of the snapshots from exploring Warsaw.



Pin for later



3 comments:

  1. Yaaaaas. So many people overlook Warsaw! I personally enjoyed it... My hostel mates and I even did a cheeky bon fire on the "beach". Your photos are stunning :) Poland is indeed such a gem, I really need to go back and explore more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just returned from Poznan in Poland and the architecture looks very similar here. Warsaw and Wroclaw are next on my Polish hit list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! I have actually just been to Warsaw, I loved this city. I didn't know much about it so I spent most of my time sightseeing and exploring its amazing attractions and places. One of my favourite discovery that I still remember was an amazing restaurant near the place where I have stayed. It is called Akademia, and it was the first place where I got to try real Polish food. It was so delicious! The food was Polish but combined with more modern flavours. I just loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.