8 May 2015

A WEEKEND IN AMSTERDAM



These are the last few of my pictures from my back and forth trips for a weekend in Amsterdam recently. I shared a post on the food tour I did with Eating Europe, the amazing and romantic High Wine Experience at the Dylan Hotel as well as the first trip to Amsterdam.

My last post I shared with you shots of Vondel Park. Amsterdam is such a beautiful capital, so busy and yet if you travel far enough you will find many neighborhoods with a relaxed and chilled atmosphere where you can mingle with the locals and feel as if you are going about your daily life like a native. We strolled through Nine Streets where all the chic boutiques and quaint little cafes, chocolate stores as well as luxury boutique hotels. Exploring Jordaan, Oud-West, Nieuwezijds, Oudezijds and Grachengordel and sampling many a Netherland delicacy like the Bitterballen(deep-fried breadcrumb-covered balls with creamy meat-ragout filling) and Poffertjes(little Dutch pancakes). With this post, I thought I would give you a little visual diary from our weekend in Amsterdam. I thought I was going to provide a separate review of our hotel in Amsterdam but thought best to include some of the pictures from our hotel in the visual diary. For more details on things to see and do in Amsterdam refer to my other posts linked above. 


Where to stay in Amsterdam: We stayed at Amadi Park Hotel located near Leipseplein. You can walk to the Rijksmuseum, The Van Gogh Museum, and the Stedelijk Museum in minutes, and the Vondelpark is right around the corner. With a rental bike or public transport, you can easily and quickly reach sights that are a bit further away. For a wide selection of hotels in Amsterdam check out booking.com.




Hotel Amadi in Amsterdam



A long

2 comments:

  1. So glad for this post! I'm planning a long layover in Amsterdam in the summer. This will give me an idea of things to see.
    Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your post, I really enjoyed the picture of Amsterdam they are really pretty, I hope you enjoyed the vacation...

    Thanks
    Condorny.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.