11 August 2013

AFRIQUE SHOW: Covent Garden Hosts African Fashion Week


Last week I attended the African Summer Festival hosted by the African Center which also coincided with the London African Fashion week.


African Fashion Week London(AFWL) celebrates London's diverse and unique heritage with a mix of Western and African culture. So AFWL showcases Africa's reach and exotic culture interpreted through rich coloured, vibrant, textured  and contemporary designs. The events run across the capital with music performances, fashion catwalks, food stalls all with products from Africa. The main event was held at The Old Truman Brewary in Brick Lane but I managed to catch the show in London's Covent Garden which had catwalk shows musicians and more. Recent years have seen many runways with African inspired designs and still continues to do so today. See below pictures and video of the music from the event I captured last Sunday.













Afrikan Boi DJ

Afrikan Boy









Cello Man

Cello Man

The rest of the pictures can be found on my Facebook page.

So have you ever been to an African Fashion Week?

London Fashion week, African fashion week. Ghana and African print clothing. Covent Garden square. London Covent Garden station. Music Festival. Street fashion. African fashion. Street entertainment. Street Performers. Stage performance in Westend.

5 comments:

  1. It looks like a really good time. I would have loved being at the fashion show. Who is the last artist in your picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sheila, I have updated the pictures with a caption. The two performers above at Afrikan Boy and Cello Man. I will hopefully post their videos on Youtube this weekend. Thanks again for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. I love African fabrics. This fashion show looks like it would be right up my alley. I don't know about that male model's bouffant though! I really like the skirt/sash and the brocade jacket. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful show. I wish I had time to see the second part to it at the Truman Brewery but was unable to. Really creative items they had on the stalls as well. All made with the beautiful African print fabric.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful pictures and great your blog side.I appreciate it.....The fashion show looks very nice.I want to say that African print, Cut-out examples and streaming fabrics ruled The Glitz African Fashion Week as of late held at the Accra Conference Center. On a size of 1-10 i would give the current year's occasion a 7 in examination with the Ghana style & outline week from a year ago. Being a darling of African print, I was happy to see the joining and mix of Vlisco prints and western fabrics strutting and streaming on the runway.Thanks all!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    streamafrica.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.