28 September 2012

Victoria Harbor Views | Where to Stay in Hong Kong





Still pinching myself at the experience I have had in Kong Kong. My humble aboard for the week in Hong Kong was to be the Marriott Hotel on the main island of Hong Kong. Sitting pretty on the north shore of downtown's bustling area. The Marriott guest services start off from the Airport. I quickly located shuttle desk for my hotel at the arrivals exit gate and checked in for the shuttle bus to the hotel.


Checking in Marriott Hotel was super fast and my bags were whisked away to my room while I quickly sorted out the paperwork. My room was perfectly situated on the 21st floor overlooking the beautiful seas. Too mesmerised by the floor to ceiling views I had of the bay area of spectacular Victoria Harbour to notice the sumptuous bed. I throw myself into just to test out the comfort. It PASSED!!! After admiring the view for what seemed like an eternity I was soothed into the Zzz with jazz music I found on one of the local channels featured on the big LCD tv was set in front of the big comfy bed.



After some much-needed rest, I woke up to relaxing emerald coloured waters with boats bopping the past and heading to Macau right in front of me. Refreshing made easy in the marble bathroom with what is called the rain forest shower. Missing out on breakfast as I was too jet-lagged to wake up in time I set out to explore downtown Hong Kong and get some authentic country breakfast. The concierge was extremely helpful with arranging my transport as well as information on local tram system. Of course deciding on the tram so I can mingle with the locals and explore the city's fascinating attractions.

The whole duration of my stay I was treated like royalty making my first ever and solo trip to Asia one happy and exciting experience. In addition to this loved:
  • Comfortable bed
  • Complimentary High-speed connectivity
  • Awesome views of the Harbour
  • Access to executive lounge
  • Mini fridge(perfect if I want to keep my own chilled items in the crazy heat of HK)
  • Beautiful MoMo cafe in the hotel offers an amazing breakfast, made just how you like it!
  • Free shuttle buses
  • Awesome concierge 
Standing tall to salute the bay.
The hotel has free shuttles buses to and from the airport as well as shuttles passing through IFC mall which offers fantastic shopping, sightseeing and access to the ferry going to Macau and crossing over to Kowloon.



Designer water bottles of Evian: Jean Paul Gaultier, Issy Miyaki...
Crystal Decor with Designer water bottles in MoMo Cafe at Marriott
For more pictures of my exploration in Hong Kong's Lantau Island for Big Buddha, Kowloon's bustling district and my lunch at the Ritz. For a full list of hotels and accommodation options in Hong Kong check out this list of hotels in Hong Kong covering a range of budgets.

So whats the best experience you have had with hotels on your travels?

Where to stay in Hong Kong. Easy Access to the town in Hong Kong. Places to visit Hong Kong and the services offered by the hotels in Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.