1 January 2012

Happy New Year!!


Welcome to my Blog! I have been wanting to start a blog for a while and I thought what better way to christen the New Year than to start a blog. To borrow from a British expression “Start as you mean to go on,” Which basically means that you should begin new ventures by acting and sounding like you were already a success.


This blog in a way is for me to kind of document my progress of the goals that I set for myself for 2012. This year I have been reluctant to have New Year’s resolutions but opted for creating goals because for me resolutions almost infer perfectionism. For example a resolution that says “oh I will stop doing so and so...” It’s not perfection I am after but rather progress and improvement and focus more on personal development. I have set goals that are related to my career and outdoor activities. 
Career Related:
·         Blogging!!! – (in progress alla first post woohoo!!:D)
·         Getting more feedback from my peers and clients and working on these improvements via courses/study.
·         Certification – I aiming to do the Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) by April

Outdoors Activities/ Sport Related:
I have been reluctant to buy a games console because I keep thinking the moment I buy one that will be it! I will never leave the house again so last year I set myself a little challenge(among other things) to try out a few sports that I have wanted to try for as long as I could remember. I did Archery, Fencing, Kayaking, Swimming, Biking and Climbing to name a few. After doing an introductory climbing course in learning how to belay and tie the rope, it was like love at first climb! I wanted to pinch myself not having tried it sooner. Anyway it’s been months now so my other Sport related goal for 2012 is to grow more with my technique in climbing and in doing so I want to be approaching 5+ and 6a routes(Climbing grades). At the moment I climb 4s and 5s.  I have a few outdoor trips coming up in the peak district, Cornwall and hopefully climbing in Germany around the Oktoberfest period. I am also going back home in September so another crazy sport(if you can call it that…) I will be trying the bungee jump over the Victoria Falls and throw in a bit of a swim in the Devils Pool(No Kidding…check it here or also featured on CNN Inside Africa)
Anyway there are a few other goals but…hey a girl’s got to keep some things secret...
2012 and Beyond…


London Eye (2012 Fireworks Display)
My main objective for this blog is also to inspire, teach, as well as learn from those that may be passing comments on what I write about. Essentially you will be reading about my work stuff from programming, training, promotions(God willing), travelling, climbing and just things that I read about and want to share with those that follow my blog.
I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and hope 2012(HAPPY NEW YEAR BTW :) offers up some challenging and rewarding experiences…. Drop me a line or comment and let me know what plans you have for 2012.

Please don't forget to “like” me on Facebook if you haven’t done so already! Thanks for your support!




Bee.

1 comment:

  1. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that.
    paris flat

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.