9 December 2015

December Travels | 6 Countries In 3 Weeks




Active Map below





A couple of days ago in my December Blog Highlights I hinted that I would be sharing my travel plans for December. Well, wait no more as they are all mapped out for you below. I am super excited and at the same time crazy anxious to be embarking on this trip. Why, you ask? For the last few years most of the major disasters have have seen have happened in Asia and during this time of year. 

I may be a overacting a little but I am going to be in the same place on Boxing Day where the very Boxing Day Tsunami hit in 2011. The Boxing Day Tsunami happened on my birthday and this year I am where have I decided to go? Thailand! When I booked my trip I wasn't even thinking of that but shortly after, all these fears started ringing in my head....Before I continue sharing my fears and the crazy natural disasters in Asia, lets just get to my travel plans for December.

So, I will be leaving in a few days for 3 weeks of exploring. I saved some of my annual leave particularly for this holiday as I was going to be going away to Asia or South America in December and it just so happens that Asia won this time. South American adventures will have to wait a little longer for me.











The Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step.


The Journey starts off with 48 hours in Budapest, Hungary. Touring sights like the Fisherman's Bastion, beautiful bridges, castles and museums. We, (my boyfriend and I) are then moving on to Cambodia, but before that we have a layover in Beijing. With just enough to see Lama Temple or Temple of Heaven. In Cambodia's Siem Reap I have my sights on Angkor Wat and surround temples. I have been dreaming about seeing Cambodia's temples for the longest time, so I am excited to finally be making my way to this part of the world and ticking it off my bucketlist.

From Cambodia we will then be making our away to Thailand, where we will visit Bangkok before taking up residence as beach bums in Phuket for a few days. I am looking forward to private beaches away from the crowds, so I hope this part lives up to what I have envisioned in my mind.

From Thailand we will then make our way to Malaysia. Visiting Kuala Lumpur's Batu Caves, temples and doing a little night photography with the Petronas Towers taking center stage.

Ringing In The New Year in Cambodia and Paris


Yeap, you read that right! We are flying back to Europe shortly after ringing in 2016 in Cambodia. We are travelling back into time to ring in the new year in Paris! Yep, new year in the city of lights. Sounds like something out of an episode of Quantum Leap, but the beauty of being in a time zone that is hours ahead means that when we travel to Paris we will be going back in time. Allowing us to arrive with enough time to explore a little of the city to find the perfect spot to watch the fire works in Paris. It will also be the second return to Paris in less than a month. I shared my some of my pictures from Paris on my Instagram if you haven't seen them. We also have another lay over in Beijing, long enough to see Tianemen Square and Forbidden City. It's been a while since I have been back to China, but I will be back in Beijing in March so hopefully I will see The Great Wall of China when I return. In the meantime you can check out my last post on my visit to China's Guangzhou.

Be sure to also follow on Instagram and Facebook to follow along the journey around Asia and Europe.

Bon Voyage!!



10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! We are in Thailand now and will be spending Christmas and NYE house sitting and caring for 3 awesome dogs in Koh Samui.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds amazing! Living a dream huh?! Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Cambodia is really a great place to explore... Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Divina. I absolutely loved Cambodia. Heading back there on New Years eve after KL.

      Delete
  3. I hope you have an amazing trip! I went to Bangkok last spring and I really enjoyed it. Safe travels!

    All the Best,
    Allison | www.LiveLifeWellBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow 6 countries in 3 weeks that's amazing!!
    Have a great time,create and share your memories!

    Safe and happy trips,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what an adventure. I hope you have a wonderful time! I'll be spending Christmas and new year in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be in Australia for the first time in March next year.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.