31 October 2015

Guide To New Delhi | 5 Reasons To Visit New Delhi


We are now just a day before entering November and I am blowing through next years annual leave before we even set one foot into 2016. My name is Bianca and I have the wanderlust bug. They say the first part of curing an addiction is to admit to yourself first, huh?

Well, this is one addiction I will take to the next life with me, whether I am re-incarnated a Queen Bee, a lioness, cheater or a jaguar or maybe a panther(meow!). My love of travel has seen me travel to many new countries this year as well as those that have been on repeat like Germany, Spain and France. One new country that I am super happy to have finally visited(at last!) is India. This was such a last minute decision. Decided to finally go on a Monday, bought a ticket, applied for a visa on Tuesday, collected it on Wednesday and flew out on Thursday.

Yes, the travel Gods were on my side to have made everything run so smoothly. Arriving late into the night when Delhi's streets where quiet and the traffic was non-existent. I thought to myself, where is this hustle and bustle that I have read and heard about? I would soon see and experience the mayhem. What a joy that was too! What I was most impressed by was the architecture, I am a lover of the stories behind them too. So I thought before I share individual visual posts on each of the beautiful master pieces I would give you the low down on things to see and do in Delhi by way of reason why you should go to Delhi, right now!

There is plenty to do in Delhi and one would expend a life time exploring the city's mixes. Now a business hub for fashion, technology and many more things I wouldn't have otherwise associate this city with. A reach mix of origins, whether that’s in its people that have come from all over India to make a name for themselves or the Persian influence in the architecture and style of buildings that have stood the test of time, to the history of the Mughals and their fight to stay relevant. In its chaos of the city's aim to grow and develop, there is still ample opportunity to find solace in exploring the the sight like that of Humayun's Tomb. I visited the Taj Mahal and Humayun's Tomb for me was far better.

Yes, it older and isn’t carved in all Marble facades and semi-precious stones like the Taj Mahal but the love story that the Taj Mahal uses as a selling point was rather, the story inherited for Humanyn's Tomb. Both buildings were erected because of a love,  a lost soul of a loved one. I do wonder if Taj would have existed had Humayun's Tomb not come before it. Anyway, we will leave that discussion for when I show you more pictures of Humayun's Tomb.

While in the city I managed to explore Delhi's malls, tombs, mosques and temples as well as eat my way through the tasty curry dishes.  Where best to begin my journey of exploring India that a city that is home to India's largest mosque, the world's largest Hindu temple and of course South Asia's largest shopping malls. Go big or go home! They don’t do things in halves here. So below are some reasons why you should go and visit New Delhi and the old parts too. 

Below are 5 reasons to visit Delhi. Hope you enjoy them and make sure you pin them to your Pintrest travel boards. Let me know in the comments below if you have been or dreaming of heading to India. I have a few more posts to come with pictures of Humayun's Tomb, The Bahai Temple, Agra Fort and of course the Taj Mahal.







Like this post? Please Share or Pin For Later

6 comments:

  1. I'd love to visit India someday. Your post provides a lot of useful information about New Delhi. Thanks for joining us for #TheWeeklyPostcard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend a visit to New Delhi. This was such a fascinating trip. I really want to go and visit again.

      Delete
  2. Bee, those are five great reasons for visiting an area I already have on my radar for travel in the future. Thank you for sharing with us at #TheWeeklyPostcard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am glad I was able to join in this weekend. Such a cool collection of posts this weekend.

      Delete
  3. I would love to visit! I'm such a foodie, its the first thing I think of when traveling to new places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I was so looking forward to trying out local and authentic curry when I was heading to India. Cant wait to visit again soon.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.