9 September 2015

My Bucketlist: Bring Travel Dreams to Life



We all have bucketlists, places we want to see before we clock out for the last time. Some may involve trekking the beautiful peaks in Patagonian, or cruising the Nile, learning Italian as you travel via train through the scenic coastal towns of Italy, or being in two continents at the same time while meandering on the Bosphorus boat tours with Sofia in in your rear view or maybe even flying over across the other side of the world discovering whats really down under(when you find out let me know!). Whatever those plans are, point is we all have them! Yes, even for those whose travel plans as less of a priority than us wanderlusting addicts. Its also such a shame that most of us wait too long to realise those plans. With this blog I always try and included tips and details of how you can travel without having to sell your organs. You can check out my recent blog post on how to travel for next to nothing, which includes links to sites for the best flight deals as well as tips on saving money when booking hotels and earning points for free travel. 


I have been meaning to publish my bucketlist for sometime and but it changes so much with each and every new exciting destination that I discover. With all the changes that happen to it, I thought I would just go ahead and publish it and leave it as a dynamic list I would add to or remove, or perhaps even do a version 2 of my travel bucketlist. That's if I rinse this one out after wining the lottery and take a year out to travel. Included at links to post covering places I have already ticked off on my bucket list. I guess on of the reasons for the delay is that this blog was really intended to provide meaningful resources for any one wishing for inspiration on destinations that are not only popular but those that you might not have considered  but now that you have seen pictures, you can then add to your bucketlist. As always if a post doesn't provide enough details on costs, accommodation and transportation you are always welcome to email me and I will either update the post with details or just answer your questions via email/facebook/insta twitter...you get the gist!

...So indulge your wanderlust spirit as we go through some of my #bucketlist destinations and let me know below if there are places on my list that you have been to already or places we have in common? I would also love to here places you are still longing with visit but haven't checked off your list. Let me know in the comments below.




Ecudor Gorge Swing - Credit Chris Morris

My Top 50 Bucketlist: Covering All Continents



50. Swing On The Edge of the World - Ecuador
49. Dongle My Legs on the Edge of Trolltung - Norway DONE!!! August(post coming soon)
48. Bath Under the Water Falls
47. Safari In the Okavango DeltaDONE 
46. Sail Around Halong Bay - Vietnam

Botswana - Okavango Delta
45. Blue Lagoon -  Iceland (Booked -July 2016)
44. Victoria Falls - Devils Pool - Zambia  - DONE
43. Hiking in Patagonia - Chile
42. Stand before Christ The Redeemer - Brazil
41. Relax in Hiulio Hiulio  National Park - Chile

Chile, Patagonia - Credit - Telegraph


40. Sandboard In The Deserts of Nambia - DONE
39. Have Lunch on the Victoria FallsDONE
38. Bath In the Turkey's Hotsprings of Pamukkale
37. Diving In the Red SeaDONE
36. Walk Around The Layers Falls of Baatara Gorge Waterfall - Lebanon

Big Buddha - Lantau Island, Hong Kong

35. Climb The Fortress of Kotor Bay For The Views - Montenegro
34. Go To The Edge of Scotland - Neist Point
33. Climb A Mountain - Tanzania/South Africa
32. Set My Eyes on Big Buddah - Tian Tan Buddah - Hong KongDONE
31. Stand Under Seljalandsfoss Waterfalls - Iceland

Credit - Jordan Tourism Board

30. See Petra - Jordan
29. Visit St Petersburg's Red Square
28. Visit The Vatican CityDONE
27. Attend The Sky Lantern Festival
26. Aurora Borealis  - See The Northern Lights  (Norway/Iceland)



Credit - Travel and See The World


25. Visit Sydney's Opera House - Australia DONE
24. Sky Dive Over Palm Island - Dubai(In the meantime; my Top 10 Things To Do In Dubai)
23. Float in The Dead See - IsraelDONE
22. Zip line over a rainforest
21. Hiking In The Alps



Antelope Canyon, USA - Credit 

20. See Antelope Canyon
19. See The Great Wall Of China
18. Visit Machhu Picchu
17. Queen Bee! - Spend A Night In A Castle/Palace
16. See Taj Mahal DONE


15. Bath In The Indian Ocean - Zanzibar
14. Tour The Temples and Gardens of Kyoto
13. Salsa In My Way Through Havana - Cuba
12. Run A Marathon(Baby Steps, 5k First!)
11. Lead A Climb - More posts on my rock climbing here

Taking in Oia, Santorini 


10. Watch The Sun Set In SantoriniDONE
09. See The Giant Causeway
08. Look Down The Mirador Del Condor In Peru
07. See The Pyramids of Giza
06. Visit Two Continents In One City - Istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey - Credit - Lonely Planet

05. Experience New York At Christmas
04. Have my travel article published in a magazine.
03. Visit all 7 continents
02. Be fluent in another language - (Other than English and my Zambian languages!)
01. Visit the Holy Land of Israel/Visit The Western WallDONE



So you never miss post, be sure to follow me on 

15 comments:

  1. New York during Christmas is one of my biggest dreams, since I was a child when my parents went there with me and I can barely remember iceskating in front of the Rockefeller Center. I really wanna freshen up those memories :-)
    This is such a beautiful bucket list!
    Love,
    xx
    Anita
    www.anischu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Sounds like a great memory to have as a child. Will hopefully get to see New York at Christmas soon too.

      Delete
  2. Love this travel bucket list so much as well as the photos. I really should create my own travel bucket list actually, seeing as I love to travel so much as well. You are so lucky to have already experienced a sunset in Santorini.

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you should definitely create a bucketlist. Its almost like putting travel plans into action.

      Delete
  3. Hi Bee, ur Taj picture is great. Well done.
    Igal

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome bucket list hun! Images look great and if you're ever in Sydney let me know!!

    Would love if you would check out my page and let me know your thoughts! xx

    Helen
    http://CH1K.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hoping to tick Sydney off the bucketlist early next year so may give you a shut :D

      Delete
  5. Wow, you've done so much! I have many of the same hopes as you, such as Vietnam, Ecudor and Norway! However, the dream is to really reach anywhere and everywhere!

    Kyah - www.weekendtempo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl after my own heart! I would love to see those too. Hoping to visit Vietnam this year if I manage to head to Thailand in December.

      Delete
  6. great list! i just got back from victoria falls and it is magical! i noticed your first photo looks like devil's pool - did you swim in it? ooh would love to hear how the okavanga delta and namibia were as well!

    Sher
    my travel blog: www.shershegoes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Can't go to Victoria Falls without checking out the Devils Pool too. And yes, we jumped right in! :D

      Delete
  7. Love your list! Gonna steal a few (okay, a lot)
    — DT | Here I Scribble

    ReplyDelete
  8. Completely loving your bucket list, mine isnt as extensive, but may have a couple of new additions. It is great to see that you have already been able to cross some off from your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vianca! Hopefully my bucketlist provided some inspiration on places to visit yourself. Narrowing it down to 50 was the hard part as there is just so much to this world I would love to see.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.