23 February 2015

Brunching in Vondelpark


I don't know what it is about Amsterdam, but people seem more laid back, at ease and just so damn happy - in a rather understated way. I guess it must be a lifestyle. This may have been just me but it also seem very family oriented in all that they do. From seeing little family units biking around the city for leisure or on their way to work or school drop to family walks,  family gatherings in cafes and for the sake of enjoying each others company. As  vital as visiting the canals or the many museums in the city, a stop to Vondel Park is another must. We couldn't help but stroll through Vondel Park. 


When in the capital, do as locals do! Rent a bike to explore the expansive land or just take a stroll around . Especially in good weather this is a great place to meet friends for a picnic or just some alone time and just chill with a book. It also helps that there are  a few cafes dotted around so that you can take your time to have mini breaks in between exploring. Thats exactly what we did! Below are some of the shots from explorations and many tea-drinking sessions in the park.

Note that you can also rent bikes from within the park. The rentals are close to the entrances.



21 comments:

  1. I visited Amsterdam last summer and it was honestly one of my favourite trips, the atmosphere is everything. Loving these photos!
    www.diamants-au-chocolat.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I was there in chilly weather as well, but a friend in Amsterdam mentioned that during summer you can rent boats in Vondel to cruise around the canals for a bit - seemed like a pretty chill way to see the city as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proud to be a Dutchie! I love Amsterdam, it's so beautiful!

    XO Imke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha It really is a beautiful city. I cant wait to visit again considering its only a 45 minute flight.

      Delete
  4. Awesome photos, I was in Amsterdam at the weekend and I will post my trip tomorrow on my blog :)

    With love from London,
    Hayley ♥

    http://thelifestylemenu.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. Will be sure to check it out.

      Delete
  5. This place looks so pretty!

    www.morning-elegance.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this looks like an absolutely perfect way to spend the better part of a Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures are great :) Now just wanna have a brunch in Vondelpark ;)

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com
    www.photosfrench.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't been to Vondelpark in ages. This little cafe looks really nice there.

    B. at www.tobepoets.nl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post Bee! Renting a bike and exploring the city is definitely one of the best ways to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've recently come across your blog, and I'm hooked! I just love the way you write. Super amazing posts x.
    Love from Dubai,
    Aena

    www.TouchofA.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Aena. I am glad you are enjoying my blog :D

      Delete
  11. Looks like a lovely place to while away an afternoon and emerge refreshed and relaxed. :)
    http://passingthru.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I was in Amsterdam twice, and I passed through Vondelpark once with my freinds, it was beautiful summer day in we laid in the grass and enjoed the afternoon. It trully is relaxing place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That alone makes me wanna go back in the summer!

      Delete
  13. Looks like you had a great time!
    When I was in Amsterdam the lakes in Vondelpark were frozen and it was damn cold. I hope to come back one day with more summery weather, the city is so alluring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like it would have been cold enough to send me packing back to London.

      Delete
  14. Awesome photographs!

    http://cocochicblog.co.uk
    xo Steph

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amsterdam is one of my favorites cities , can't wait to go back in summer and have a lovly brunch like this !
    Beautiful pictures by the way !
    xx
    http://ohdebow.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.