9 October 2012

An Explorer's Essentials: "What To Wear Where" Challenge



This is a mini post in response to PhiPhi's "what to wear where" challenge. Considering most of my posts recently have been about my travels so I thought I would post a mini...my packing essentials...



To travel at ease means having to really think about where you are going and what activities you will be getting involved in addition to aiming for little to no dewrinkling(ironing) activity. That will just eat into my exploration time. Comfort for me is an important factor when I travel so if I am doing long haul then I will not be spotting my 5'' heels. I try to think about the weather, different things I might be doing at different times of the day as well as how comfortable and light the items I am carrying are. The last thing I want is to spend time queuing up to check in a massive suitcase. Not me! Online check-in with just cabin case makes the whole process of boarding a plane that much easier. Work also involves a lot of inter-city travelling so I am fastly becoming a pro at travelling and packing light.



Most of my activities will involve walking around so a gooooood pair of loafers, flat... shoes are a must! You cannot comfortably explore the Big Buddha in heels because you have 240 steps to reach the Buddha nor can you strut around the Dubai desert in stilettos or explore the ruins of Berlin wall in high pumps. Depending on where I am going and how many days, there will be pieces thrown in the suitcase days before I leave then I pack the day before I leave once I check the weather to make sure I don't arrive with summer shorts in a monsoon season. Top of the list; pastel coloured tees, flats, sunnies, good jeans(soft and not the stiff  kind, with a versatile cut to dress up/down)...Anyway this is not a post on fashion tips but rather to share with those responding to PhiPhi's challenge, my suitcase contents when I am globe trotting....

I tend to travel a few times a year just as an escape from long hours at work. Most get-aways are during the bank holiday weekends escaping to some European destination and long haul for annual vacation. A few pictures below show casing what I wear when exploring but most of them you will find here; arranged by country/city they were taken in. Look out for my review of my recent trip in Hong Kong...Peace!




Verona, Italy

Louvre, Paris, France

Victoria Peak, Hong Kong

Madrid, Spain



Stockholm, Sweden

Sirmone, Italy

Please don't forget to “like” me on Facebook if you haven’t done so already! Thanks for your support!




Bee...x


How to pack for a holiday. City Breaks. Weekend getaway to Madrid, London, Italy and New York. How to pack essentials for a comfortable holiday. Traveling for the weekend and what to take with you on your holiday.

12 comments:

  1. i love all of these pictures bee! and so jealous you've been to so many wonderful places!!! i totally agree with a good pair of flats being critical.

    thank you so much for linking up!

    xox P

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bee all of your travel outfits are so chic and fabulous and oh the sites you've been to! Amazing!! Thanks for the great tips about how to pack! :) xoxo, Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so put together at every locale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie. I normally stick to basics which seem to work half the time. Thanks for dropping by :D

      Delete
  4. I love that you've included actual travel photos here - those are some terrific destionations, speaking of!

    I'm with you on comfy basics being key, and I seroiusly covet that yellow dress you're wearing in that Madrid shot. Relatedly, I'm dying to see Madrid.

    Thanks for linking up - it's nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to "meet" you too :D Thanks for dropping by.

      The yellow dress is from Gap, it makes an appearance every summer or when I need to brighten up the ever cloudy London weather.

      Delete
  5. They are all very beautiful pictures. Your outfits and locations are on point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! I would love to travel some of the places in the pictures. Thanks for stopping by and be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! for sharing this dear.
    This makes my shopping much easier while traveling to Dubai

    Lovely Pics & Keep Smiling :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.